With an hour and a bit to spare – I made it! 50 hours done and dusted. Still a bit of tweaking to do but for now I’m just enjoying the fact that the novel I’ve been messing around with for over six years is finally the way I want it.
It started out as just over 50,000 words (as it was my 2013 NaNoWriMo winning novel), then I culled about half of it, then I completely rewrote bits and added new bits, then it grew to around 67,000 words, then I realised about 6,000 of those words were crap – so the final total word count (subject to final tweaking) is 62,538.
Now I can do the last little bit of revising/researching etc and release it into the wild (and hope it doesn’t suck). But not tonight.
If you’re still going, you can do it! If you haven’t quite made it to the 50,000 words (or 50 hours in my case), you’ve still got more than you had on the first day of November. Most people never, ever attempt this, so well done everyone! We are awesome.
#NaNoWinner2019 #amwriting #amediting #NaNoRebel